Thanks to Moleh5 on Twitter for this excellent recommendation and borrow of this comic!
I’ve heard so many great things about this comic and had the opportunity to meet Tom Taylor earlier in the year. It’s always awkward when you meet someone for the first time and you are only vaguely familiar with their work. But I’ve made an effort to devour this one and it sure did deliver!
Things I observed in this comic –
- Excellent empathy with Superman and the loss of Lois Lane and their unborn child
- The evolution of Wonder Woman is stunning, to see her unwavering in her support for her crush/friend is blindly beautiful, as I can relate to being in that position
- How conflicted Batman is – trying to keep that level of power between being a hero and vigilante – it’s crazy to me that Batman is this person trying to keep the peace but it’s so right at the same time!
- How truly disgusting The Joker is – and how he preys on his enemies through innocent individuals. The levels of evilness with The Joker seems to go deeper with every comic I read – I didn’t realise it was possible to hate a comic character so much!
- It feels like every comic panel has been crafted meticulous to aid in telling the story with as much detail as possible. Just stunningly beautiful!
With the announcement of next instalment of the Injustice comic series, I cannot wait to see where this goes next!
Do you have any comic recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments below or via my Twitter – @remotetragic.